Program Reminder – May 2018
If you want to see the original picture please click HERE
For full program and more information visit our Facebook page or download the PDF: BBB Program 2018
What To Bring – Always wear covered shoes and bring water, hat, sunscreen and insect repellent. Except for presentation days, always bring something to eat for morning or afternoon tea and lunch if it’s over the lunch period. For presentation days bring a plate to share for morning or afternoon tea
Contact – for all BBB & BVBW Activities – Jan -02 66803279 or Mobile 0428864378
Note: For surveys, experience is not necessary. Beginners are welcomed at all outings which will provide an opportunity to learn about our birds and their habitat.
- Friday May 5th Global Big Day – this is worth participating in- you don’t need to be a bird expert, or go out all day long-even 10 minutes in your backyard will help. It runs from midnight to midnight. Enter what you see and hear on eBird: You can enter your sightings via the website or use the free eBird Mobile app
- Sunday May 6th – Byron Bay Markets – Somerset Street Entrance
- Time – 8am
- Reason – Fund Raising – Charity of the day – assistance needed please. If you can help between 11am &2pm please let me know firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday May 13th – Mt Jerusalem NP – Mill Rd and Koonyum Range off Wilsons Creek & Huonbrook Roads – (this is the re-scheduled survey from last month)
- Time –7.30 and an all day event – But you can leave at any time
- Reason – Surveying for the all birds, but particularly for the Albert’s Lyrebird, Paradise Riflebird, Pale-yellow Robin, Logrunner, Green Catbird & Regent Bowerbird
- Meet – the first part of the survey will commence from the corner of Huonbrook and Mill Rd and then on the Koonyum Range Rd after lunch. – These roads are narrow and rough so it is best to car pool. We will meet at the Wilsons Creek School on Wilsons Creek Rd 8am – which is about 14.5km from Coolamon Scenic Drive. Please let me know if you intend coming email@example.com
- Thursday May 17th – Seapeace Property
- Time – 7.30
- Reason – Autumn survey of all birds
- Meet – at gate entrance to property end of Balraith Rd, Ewingsdale – 100m past the Steiner School
- Sunday May 20th – Byron Wetlands.
- Time – 7.30
- Reason – BirdLife Northern Rivers (BLNR) & Byron Bird Buddies – survey of all birds
- Meet – at entrance gate to wetlands – Check out the website for details http://www.birdlife.org.au/events/detail/birdlife-northern-rivers-outing40/birdlife-northern-nsw/ or Anne Jones at 0418 244 262 firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Northern River Bird-watching Groups – Outing dates
Brunswick Valley Bird Watchers (BVBW) – Wednesday May 9th and the 23rd
On Wednesday 9th the outing will be at Rocky Creek Dam meet 8 am.
Meet around the corner of Centennial Drive and the Bowling Club.) & Wednesday 25th – to be advised – Contact email@example.com for details.