Program Reminder – July 2018
Photo: Spotted Pardalote by Ross Hollands
For full program and more information visit our Facebook page or download the PDF: BBB Program 2018
Sudden changes may occur to our program, so its best to email email@example.com,r message Byron Bird Buddies or phone Jan -02 66803279 or Mobile 0428864378 if you are considering joining us.
What To Bring – Always wear covered shoes and bring water, hat, sunscreen and insect repellent. Except for presentation days, always bring something to eat for morning or afternoon tea and lunch if it’s over the lunch period. For presentation days bring a plate to share for morning or afternoon tea
Alternate Contact – for BBB & BVBW activities – contact Anne – 66291475 or firstname.lastname@example.org otherwise phone Jan -02 66803279 or Mobile 0428864378 if you are considering joining us
Note: For surveys, experience is not necessary. Beginners are welcomed at all outings which will provide an opportunity to learn about our birds and their habitat.
Sunday 8th – Goonengerry NP –
BBB & BLNR- survey & meeting for details go to
- Time – 7.30 to time varies but usually survey for 4 hours
- Reason – Surveying for the all birds. Goonengerry National Park is within the Nightcap Range KBA (Key Biodiversity Area) and can be accessed from the south east via Goonengerry Mill Road and Garrong Road. , we particularly survey for the Albert’s Lyrebird, Paradise Riflebird, Pale-yellow Robin, Logrunner, Green Catbird & Regent Bowerbird
- Meet – For people travelling from the north, drive south along Coolamon Scenic drive, turn Right into Goonengerry Road, and remain on this road until you see the Goonengerry Public School on the left. We will meet here and decide on car-pooling as the track in can be rough and may require 4WD vehicles.
BBB – Last week of July or early August – Preparation for Shorebird breeding season and return of migrating shorebirds – place signage at beach access points & commence monitoring of Pied Oystercatcher & Beach Stone-curlew breeding sites. Prepare the 2018-2019 BBB online Excel spreadsheets & commence recording breeding observations. Please, contact Jan at email@example.com if you wish to participate in a nesting bird-watch during the beach-nesting bird season – August to Dec.
Other Northern River Bird-watching Groups – Outing dates
Wednesday 18th – Casino Wetlands
Brunswick Valley Birdwatchers Outing
- Time 08.00 -13.00
- Reason – outing and survey for BirdLife Atlas
- Meet – details not finalized – For updated details contact Hans Lutter firstname.lastname@example.org