Program Reminder – October 2017
Photo: Steve McBride
For full program and more information download the PDF: BBB Program 2017 (July – Dec)
BBB is a locality group of Brunswick Valley Landcare (BVL) – membership of BBB is obtained through membership of BVL – http://brunswickvalleylandcare.org.au/apply-for-membership
What To Bring – Always wear covered shoes, hat and carry water, also bring sunscreen and insect repellent and something to eat for morning or afternoon tea and lunch if it’s over the lunch period. All welcome. Contact – for BBB Activities – email@example.com or Mobile 0428864378
ALL October – monitoring of Pied Oystercatcher & Beach Stone-curlew breeding sites and record site visit on BBB online Excel spreadsheet. Please, contact Jan at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to participate in a nesting bird-watch during the beach-nesting bird season – August to Dec.
Sunday 8th – Vallances Road 07.30 – ending time variable depending on level of interest
Reason: BLNR + BBB, survey of all birds for the site & BLNR meeting
How to Get There: Vallances Road off Coolamon Scenic Drive – 10kms from Ocean Shores or 5km from Mullumbimby meet at the small pond at bottom of hill along Vallances Rd and then proceed to the STP gate at end of the road ; Contacts email@example.com or PH 0428864378
Bird Week Celebrations Activities – 22nd to 29th October.
Below is a draft outline of the program for the week- a more detail program will be out soon. Walks will be limited to 15 people and the Sunday afternoon presentation will be limited to 30 people Please register if you are interested in any of these events.
- Sunday 22nd 1pm – OPENING Bangalow Heritage House – All welcome.
- Monday – 23rd – 8am-12md – Mullumbimby Heritage Park and River Walk
- Tuesday – 24th – 8am-12md – Suffolk Park Pedestrian /Bike Track.
- Wednesday – 25th – 10am-11am – Byron Bay Library – Presentation “Birds of Byron Shire” and Art Display.
- Thursday – 26th – 8am-2pm – Goonengerry National Park (NP) .
- Friday – 27th – 8am – 2pm – SeaPeace Property – Ewingsdale – Participation by request or invitation.
- Saturday – 28th – 10am – Murwillumbah Community Centre, Knox Park- near Skate Park – Presentation “Birds of Tweed Shire”
- Sunday – 29th 8am – 3pm – Byron Wetlands – Morning walk & Afternoon Presentation on Resident Shorebirds of the Northern Rivers.
- ALL week – Birds of Byron Shire Art Exhibition Trail – at Byron Library, Byron Council Chambers, Bangalow Heritage House, Mullumbimby Library and the Cavanbah Center
Wednesday 11th and 26th – 8am – Brunswick Valley Birdwatchers bi-weekly outing – contact firstname.lastname@example.org – for further information.
Next Outing – November 1st & 2nd – Shorebird 2020 count – start at Byron Wetlands 7.30 – note change of time from the previous mail out of 6 month schedule.